Riyadh Wheelers Cycling Club
- The Club will be named the ‘Riyadh Wheelers’.
- The Club will promote cycling events and will encourage participation across all levels of ability.
- The Club will organise a programme of event to be held annually between September and April. Other events can be organised outside these times with due consideration to the Riyadh Road Runner’s and Riyadh Triathlete’s calendars.
- An AGM will be held as soon as possible after the final event of each season.
- The AGM will elect a chairperson and a treasurer plus a maximum of 6 other Committee members. The chairperson and committee members can select a further 4 members. The Committee will consist of a maximum of 12 members. If the AGM fails to elect a chairperson or treasurer then posts can be appointed by the elected committee members.
- In the event of the Chairperson being unable to continue his duties for the season, the committee can appoint a replacement Chairperson. The Chairperson can appoint an Acting Chairperson during periods of his temporary absence.
- The Committee can appoint additional non-voting Club Officials who are, and will be known as, “Ex-officio” members of the Club.
- The Committee will establish an appropriate auditing system and a secure method of holding the Club’s funds.
- The committee will meet regularly to ensure the smooth and democratic running of the club. A quorum of the Chairman or Acting Chairman plus 4 members constitutes a full committee. The Committee will produce Minutes of every meeting. All minutes, rules and regulations and any other records to be formally handed to the newly elected Chairperson after each AGM.
- A quorum of 2 Committee members plus the Chairperson or Acting Chairperson may have authority to approve expenditures of up to SR3000 in the absence of the full executive Committee. Higher expenditure to be approved by the full committee
- The Treasurer will produce up to date balance statements for each meeting and will present a report and financial statement at the AGM. The previous year’s records should be handed to the newly elected Treasurer after the AGM. (These records can be destroyed after 6 months).
- The Club must remain financially viable with a minimum balance of SR5000 being carried forward to commence the following season
- The Club is to maintain and procure appropriate equipment to efficiently and safely operate its events.
- Changes to the Constitution can only be made by a majority decision of members at the AGM or an EGM.